How to delete a profile in Instagram
The popularity of Instagram hits record numbers. Every day millions of people exchange photos, find like-minded folks, build their businesses. Still, it might be the other way round. Some people want to delete their Instagram account.
There are several reasons of leaving the social network. The most widespread one is creating the second account. However, the users delete their accounts due to the following:
- annoying ads of the chat-bots;
- non-consent with the policy of social networks, when the account data are used for the marketing purpose;
- saving time (the busy schedule of the users often becomes the reason for quitting social networks).
You need only a few minutes to delete your account, but you need to know that you won’t be able to restore it.
Instagram warning! Upon complete deleting of your account its photos, followers, likes and commentaries will be deleted for life without the right to restore them. If you delete your account permanently, you will be able neither to restore it under its previous name nor to add it in another account. It will also be impossible to link the email from the permanently deleted profile to the new account.
However, there is good news. You can save the content before deleting the account data.
How to download the content prior to deleting
The procedure of downloading is described below. In order to save photos, commentaries, the profile data you need to perform a few simple steps:
- press the Menu button in the profile;
- go to Security;
- click the Download data button;
- enter your e-mail in the same-name field (you can use any e-mail, not necessarily the one linked to the profile);
- click the Request file and after entering the password of the account press next.
The size of the downloaded content depends on the volume of the correspondence and publications, the length of the stories. The active users will have to wait for a while – the size of their archive is sometimes more than several gigabytes.
Permanently deleting your account
It is equally easy to delete your account from both your phone and your computer. The process is identical. The only difference is that the work from the computer begins from the stage 3.
- You should begin deleting your account in the phone by going to your profile.
- There you should choose settings and go to the Help center through the Help button.
- After that, you will be automatically transferred to the internet-resource of the social network help center and you will be offered to sign in using your data. If you work with the computer go straight to instagram.com, and then to your profile. Maybe, you are doing it for the last time.
- You will need the Help center button in the profile.
Attention! It is possible that at this stage you will need to switch to Russian language. You can do it at the bottom of the page.
- Choose Manage your account
- Deleting your account. Only two steps are left before complete deactivation. There is still time to reconsider your decision.
- Step seven — a difficult choice and one last chance to make up your mind whether you are ready to delete your profile permanently. Press How to delete your account.
- Accept the offer and click Go to Delete account page
Pay attention! At this stage, you may be asked how to open the page – by means of the application or in the browser. The decision is yours, it doesn’t really matter.
- The social network developers will want to know the reason of deleting and will request the password of the account. Depending on the chosen variant of the reason for deleting Instagram, you will be offered the alternative ways to solve the problem. The social network values each user.
- Then you’ll have to make a final step — the cherished Permanently delete your account button.
As you can see, the procedure of deleting has rather a lot of stages. This was done on purpose so that the user won’t be deleted from the social network by accidental clicking and so that a small child won’t accidentally press the button.
How to temporarily block the page in Instagram?
If you want to take a break from the social network, there is a possibility to temporarily deactivate your account. You can restore it at any time. It will be easy.
The temporal blocking of the profile is an alternative to leaving the social network. The option is available once a week for all the people tired from the social networks.
It is equally easy to temporarily block the account both from the phone and from the computer.
- Go to your profile and press Edit.
- The button offering to temporarily block your account will drop down. That’s exactly what you need! Only two simple steps are left.
- You need to choose the reason from the list. First off, there is taking a break from the social networks. This reason is the most widespread one.
Pay attention! Your content won't be deleted from the network straight away. The archived messages will stay in the google-search for a few more weeks.
The final step is the same-named button regarding the temporarily blocking of the account.
Now it’s done – your account will be excluded from the search. It won’t be opened even through the link.
To unblock your account you just need to sign in the social network again via the application using your login and password.
Restoring the temporarily blocked account
The account will be restored at once as soon as you sign in under your old data – login and password.*
*It is interesting: If you want to return to the social network immediately after the temporal blocking you will be asked to wait till the end of the blocking process. It will take several hours.
That is how easy it is to manage your account in the most popular network. The Instagram developers have done their best to make it convenient for each user of this platform to fulfil their wishes.
Enjoy the network, stay with us!